There are two different ways to reinitialize CC, removing all books from the device and from CC's library.
1. Uninstall and reinstall. The steps:
- Using a file manager, delete all the book files from the folder(s) where CC stores books.
- Do one of the following to reset CC to how it was when it was initially installed: all settings and the book database are reset.
- Uninstall and reinstall CC
- Go to Android Settings / Apps / Calibre Companion and choose "Clear Data".
- If you want to preserve all your settings then see the FAQ How do I reinstall CC without losing all my book information?. Do the backup first, then the steps above, then the restore. When doing the restore ensure that "Restore CC book database" is not checked.
Alternatively, use the method described below.
2. Do the operation in CC. This method automatically preserves your settings. The steps:
- As above, delete all the book files
- Start CC, go to CC's menu, and choose "Books with missing files". You should see a booklist, one book for each book file you deleted.
- Tap the "Delete All" button. You should see an empty bookcase
- Tap the back button twice to go back to the main library. You should now see the empty library screen.